Friday, April 22, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Today has been a particularly hard day.  Today I said goodbye to a friend that died way too soon.  As I sat there in the church listening to all the wonderful things being said - some funny - some sad it made me wonder if I am living the life that God planned for me in a way that truly honors him.  Am I the best wife I can be?  Am I the best Mom I can be? Am I the best friend I could be? Am I the best person I can be?  I am sad to say that I think I fall very short of being who I should in all those areas.

After the services I had lunch with my two best friends from high school.  I sit here now and think about how much I hate that "life" has caused us to grow apart.  Especially when I think of how inseparable we were growing up.

My hope is this.  That I can start to make the necessary changes in my life to be the person I want to be.  The one that God wants me to be.  To live the type of life that Brennan lived.  To be the friend to my friends that Brennan was to all who knew him.  To be the light in the lives of those I come in contact with just as Brennan was.

To you my friend you will be greatly missed and I hope that when my time comes people speak as fondly of me has they did of you today.  Rest in Peace.

In Memory of Brennan Moore
1971~2011



No comments:

Post a Comment